Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Christening!

chris⋅ten⋅ing

[kris-uh-ning, kris-ning]

Use christening in a Sentence

–noun

1. the ceremony of baptism, esp. as accompanied by the giving of a name to a child.

2. a public ceremony in which a new ship is formally named and launched.

3. an act or instance of naming or dedicating something new.


As this is the first post of my first blog (…woohoo…) I thoght it appropriate to start it off with a bit of definitiveness. Yes, definitiveness is a word and yes, to answer your second question, all the definitions of christening apply to this blog…Okay so maybe I was just going for the third one considering this is not my child nor have I any knowledge of the ceremonies surrounding the lauching of a ship/boat. I’ll stick with the third definition. “Reflection” because we live in a country in which slow is unproductive and smelling the flower is keeping the next person in line waiting which is unacceptable. “Reflections” because too much time is being spent doing and too little time contemplating. “Reflections” because this is not a blog for you, but for me. A little niche where I can put into words a few of the thoughts running through my mind. “Reflections” because maybe the title itself will remind me to slow down, take a breath, and focus on lasting things.


No comments:

Post a Comment